Friday, February 11, 2011

No pictures, just updates

So, I don't have any pictures this time.  I wanted to take a picture of Patrick's teeth and post it, but he won't let me because he is a little embarrassed.  I will explain this soon.  First, the really good news.  JJ got a job that he loves!  I know, he got one in December with Teleperformance, but that was just a filler job.  He is training to be a busdriver.  He has been doing it for about a month now with no problems at all!  He passed his CDL and on hands training with flying colors!  The instructor said that he could be the instructor, he did so well.  I am very proud of him.  His confidence is building and he is a much happier person now that he is working and doing something he loves!  In another month, his training will be over and he will be getting paid more.  Here is the best news, because of this job and we just paid off our car,...  we can start looking for a house!  Yeah!  Not a very expensive one, but we can still get one now.  I am thrilled to pieces!  He is still going to school with University of Phoenix, and so far everything is going fine.

Okay, here is the deal with Patrick.  Patrick is seven years old and has not lost a single tooth.  He doesn't even have one that is loose.  So, when I took them to the dentist on Tuesday for their check-ups, I asked the dentist about it.  He did say that was very unusual.  As the dentist was looking in his mouth, he stopped and looked at me and asked, "When was the last time you looked in his mouth?"  Now, Patrick has been brushing his own teeth for almost three years now and he has never complained about a hurt tooth, so I guess it had been three years. I told the dentist that.  Well, guess what?!  Patrick has two extra teeth growing behind his bottom front teeth!  He didn't lose those teeeth because they didn't push them out of the way.  I told him he looks like sharkboy because of growing a second set of teeth.  That is what embarrasses him a little.  So, and this is why I like this dentist, we are going to bring Patrick in, the dentist is going to numb him up and then wiggle the front two teeth until they almost come out.  Then, he is going to send us on our way.  He is doing this for three reasons: 1. Patrick will be able to have the experience of pulling out his own teeth. 2. It will be cheaper for us to only pay for the anesthetic.  It would cost more to have the dentist pull out his teeth. 3. The teeth behind it haven't grown in all the way, if we can get the other teeth out, they will have a better chance of growing in properly.  Patrick is terrified of needles and has never had a cavity, so we shall see how he does.

That is the basic update so far.  If anything comes up that I can think of, I will try to remember to post (with pictures).

2 comments:

  1. My oldest, Esther, is having the exact same problem. She's hoping someday to lose a tooth before the grown up tooth comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, Josh's brother, worked at Teleperformance just long enough to go through the training and after getting sick twice he quit. Glad to hear JJ is liking the new job.
    Oh, and thanks for telling me you're going to be moving! :P

    ReplyDelete